RARE 19TH C ANTIQUE CHINESE HND CRVD ROSEWOOD, BURL TOP WDN STAND, WithDRAGON FIGS
RARE MID to LATE 19TH CENTURY ANTIQUE C H INESE H A N D C A RVED, BURLWOOD TOP CERAMIC PLANTER TRIPOD WOODEN STAND, f e a t u r i n g MEANDERING DRAGON FIGURES on BAS-RELIEF, CARVED ROSEWOOD PEGGED FOOTED, CURVED PANELS, with NO. Burlwood round top & rosewood curved footed side panels were incredibly dry & needed to be replenished with moisture in the form of organic teak oil, which didn't include any petroleum distillates or infused color. As a result, the piece's incredible hand carved details & dragon figuration can now be more readily seen. Late 19th to early 20th century C h inese antique hand carved figurative burlwood & rosewood ceramic planter decorative wooden stands.
3 3/4" Height x 5 1/4" top Width x 7 1/2 Widest point. The three hand carved lower figurative wooden panels featuring meandering dragons, is pegged into the underside of the burl wood round planter top. No glue has been used to permanently affix the three separate footed panels to the round stand's top. The piece largely remains as it was when it was discovered in the finely appointed Boston estate it was removed from. It was terribly dry and only natural, organic teak oil was used to provide much needed moisture back into the wood.
By doing this, the incredible, intricate details of the hand carving of the rosewood, can now be readily seen. The wood was so dry and moisture-starved, that it soaked up several applications of oil. A naturally occurring teak oil was used and one without solvents or petroleum distillates that could potentially damage the wood.
The hand carved wooden planter has already mellowed back and will continue to naturally lighten, as the atmosphere again starts the unending process of oxidation and drawing moisture from the hand rubbed, oiled wood surfaces. It hasn't been lacquered. A simply extraordinary, beautifully hand carved antique wooden stand. Good to Very Good overall antique condition.
This item is in the category "Antiques\Asian Antiques\China\Figurines & Statues". The seller is "modsanctuary" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Region of Origin: China
- Animal Type: Dragon
- Age: 1850-1899
- Primary Material: Burlwood & rosewood
- Maker: Unknown Chinese maker
- Theme: Ceramic planter wooden stand, Dragon
- Original/Reproduction: Antique Original
- Plant stand: Incredibly ornate & highly decorative
- Most likely late 19th century: Estate fresh & new to the marketplace
- 100% original antique condition: Untouched & unaltered (cleaned & oiled)
- No repairs (old or new): No 'in-painting' (old or new)
- 7 1⁄2\: Chinese antiques
- 5 1⁄4\: Weight: 1 lb.
- Features: Handcarved
- China: Asia
- Late 19th to early 20th century: Circa 1885-1915
- Color: Brown (w/chocolate & red highlights)
- Round top with curved edges: hand carved, bas-relief figurative side panels
- Burlwood round top: Rosewood footed tripod side panels
- 3 carved side panels pegged into top: Footed panels pegged w/wdn pegs
- Carefully cleaned of dust & silt: Replenished w/100% nat teak oil (no distillates)
- Bas-relief: Figurative
- Height: 3 3⁄4\
- Chinese Dynasty: Qing (1644-1911)